• To encourage and develop amongst its members, the craft of pottery and ceramic art.
• To arrange exhibitions, lectures, films and to bring pottery and ceramic art before the public
- Demonstrations at Monthly Meetings of various pottery techniques
- Pottery workshops such as special firing days, such as wood firing or raku.
- Pottery making at Hazelhurst Regional Arts Centre on Sundays by arrangement
- Guest demonstrators at meetings to inspire and inform
- Sales opportunities throughout the year
- Access to an electric kiln at very reasonable rates
- Opportunities for involvement in workshops
- A monthly newsletter informs members of what is happening in the ceramics world in Australia and overseas
- Limited use of Hazelhurst Community Gallery studio workshops for a small fee
- Extend your professional practice by becoming involved in the mounting of our biennale exhibition and competition.
- Come along to one of our evening meetings and fill out a nomination form.
- Tell us a little about your work and then the meeting will formally accept your membership.
- An annual fee of $35 applies (includes membership badge).
- After joining you then become eligible to be accepted as an exhibiting member which may allow you to sell your work at market stalls or exhibitions.
The Port Hacking Potters Group meets on the first Wednesday night of each month except January. (see Members Calendar for dates this year).
We meet at the Cronulla School of Arts upstairs meeting room 8 Surf Road Cronulla. (Above the Arts Theatre).
The meeting starts at 7.30pm with a demonstration or presentation and is followed by a supper break before the business meeting.
See the Contact tab if you would like to speak to someone before coming along to a meeting.